Building women technical capacities in the renewable energy industry
Significant gaps exist in the participation of women and men in the renewable energy industry and in the access of women and men to technological knowledge base. There is a general and societal belief about girls/women not being technically inclined thereby narrowing female careers to specific job roles which results to lower income, low self esteem, depression, stress, lack of economic growth and much more.
The overall objectives of the solar queen technical training scholarship is to provide opportunities for women to develop skills and capacities that will allow tham reach their maximum potentials in the renewable energy industry. Specific objectives are;
- Prepare women for technical roles in the renewable energy industry such as solar installers and field engineers.
- Bridge the gender gap in the renewable energy industry by building workforce of competent women..
- Mentor women to be employment ready and to drive solutions in the industry as solar installers or entrepreneurs.
- Enable companies and organizations to access pool of trained and certified women installers that they can utilize to balance their workforce gender divide.
|Eligibility Criteria |
Must be a woman
Have passion for renewable energy
Motivated to contribute to universal energy access
Able to finance the remaining 50% of the course fee (N25,000)
Be able to sponsor her living expense during the 5-day training duration
|This program is developed and sponsored by Ashdam Solar Co. Ltd. (www.ashdamsolar.com) in collaboration with Girls and Women Technological Empowerment Organisation – GWTEO (www.gwteo.org). The course is implemented using Ashdam Solar Academy Solar PV Design and Installation course curriculum.|
| As Covid-19 preventive measures,|
Use of face mask, social distancing, frequent washing of hands and use of sanitizers will be mandated during the training. Participants without face mask ON will not be admitted into the premises of the training facility.
|Application Deadline: 31st January, 2021||Application now open for the February – March 2021 Cohort|
8th to 26th February, 2021
1st to 5th March, 2021
· 50% Course fees are covered by the scholarship (25,000)
· Travel cost to training location and accommodation not included
· Average hotel accommodation cost is N6,000 per night. While preferences may reduce or increase the hotel cost.
|Physical Training venue|
Ashdam Solar Academy, S7/588, Behind Real Food and Wine, Lagos Road, Challenge, Ibadan, Oyo State
|Virtual Training |
Will be hosted via Ashdam Solar Academy, Google Classroom and Zoom
Few pictures from past events