JOB TITLE: SOLAR TECHNICIAN/INSTALLER
LOCATION: IBADAN, OYO STATE, NIGERIA
Ashdam Solar Co. Ltd is a dynamic renewable energy company in Nigeria, providing clean, affordable and uninterrupted smart energy solutions. Our team spirit has a bright future; it is for us a life – long commitment in the greener world.
We are looking for passionate and efficient Solar Technician/Installers to join our team. As Solar Technician/Installer, the candidates will be responsible for installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of solar photovoltaic (PV) systems.
- Mount solar rails on roof tops and other structures as required.
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot Solar panels, Inverters, Batteries, Charge Controllers. Electrical Integration and other components of Solar Installation
- Configures PV systems based on site conditions and customers’ needs and expectations;
- Follows building standards and codes when installing panels and support structures.
- Inspects electrical installation and wiring.
- Tests operating voltages; calibrates to ensure systems are within acceptable power limits.
- Meet with customers and discuss project details in order to accommodate their needs
- Collaborate with sales team to design and customize solar systems for customers
- Performs routine maintenance on PV systems.
- Have technical presentations with prospective clients, work closely with other staffs across the company supporting improvements in Quality, New Product Development and all other departments.
- Perform site audits (take measurements, photographs, notes, and energy audit of project sites)
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain projects
- Utilize software systems to design systems and record progress of various tasks
- Submit and pick up client packages at various location as needed
- Coordinate, organize and prepare jobsite for inspection process
- Support branch staff with administrative support, including organization and maintenance of project folders, uploads of pictures, completion of finished folders and work processes
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Good knowledge of PV equipment and installation.
- Good knowledge of electrical wiring and equipment.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read building, electrical plans and equipment manuals.
- Ability to use hand and power tools to install Solar PV components.
- Familiarity with productivity tools, including Google Workspace and Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Quick to collaborate and coordinate with team members when necessary
- Strong math and critical reasoning skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all department across the company and other internal and external contacts
- Willingness to learn new technologies and adapt to changing technical environmentProfessional and personal credibility
- A self-motivated individual who is able to work independently and is results orientated, with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Must operate within division policy guidelines using independent judgment in achieving assigned objectives
- Must be able to communicate in English Language (speak, hear and write) effectively to various intellectual levels.
- Travel to different cities and towns across Nigeria to perform duties as assigned
- Good customer service skills
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a diploma in a related/relevant discipline
- Good knowledge/experience in the electrical installation industry is preferred
- Must be computer literate
- Vocational or technical school training is an advantage.
- Experience in a similar role is an advantage
- Have full range of mobility in upper and lower body
- Be able to work in various positions, including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time
- Be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks
- Be able to lift 50 kg of weight frequently throughout assigned workday
- Ability to set up, secure and climb a 20-foot ladder onto rooftop of various angles and surfaces. Not afraid of working at heights
30, November 2022