JOB TITLE: HUMAN RESOURCE AND COMMUNICATION OFFICER
LOCATION: IBADAN, OYO STATE, NIGERIA
Ashdam Solar Co. Ltd is a dynamic renewable energy company in Nigeria, providing clean, affordable and uninterrupted smart energy solutions. Our team spirit has a bright future; it is for us a life – long commitment in the greener world.
We are looking for passionate Human Resource and Communication Officer to join our team. As a Human Resource and Communication Officer, the candidate will be responsible for hiring, developing and looking after employees. The candidate will also be responsible for developing and distribution of information to promote the organization.
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems
- Preparing job descriptions, advertising vacant positions, and managing the employment process.
- Orientating new employees and training existing employees.
- Monitoring employee performance.
- Ensuring that all employees are organized and satisfied in their work environment.
- Ensuring employees have correct pay and benefits
- Delivering compensation and benefit comparison reports to the executive team
- Promoting equality, health and safety within the company
- Develop staff training and development programs
- Developing and implementing systematic staff development procedures.
- Providing counseling on policies and procedures.
- Ensuring meticulous implementation of payroll and benefits administration.
- Communicating with staff about issues affecting their performance.
- Support the management on disciplinary and grievance issues
- Ensuring accurate and proper record-keeping of employee information.
- Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance.
- Advising executives on matters of salaries, redundancy and employment law
- Recording and processing confidential information
- Manage the company’s or organization’s social media communications.
- Create internal and external newsletters for the organization.
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on target audience.
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organization’s activities, products and/or services.
- Respond to media inquiries, arrange interviews, and act as a spokesperson for the organization.
- Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the brand, and coordinate publicity events as required.
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Able to engage in meaningful negotiation and resolution.
- Knowledge of employment legislation.
- Understanding of HR functions and best practices.
- Familiarity with productivity tools, including Google Workspace and Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Quick to collaborate and coordinate with team members when necessary
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all department across the company and other internal and external contacts
- Willingness to learn new technologies and adapt to changing technical environment
- Professional and personal credibility
- A self-motivated individual who is able to work independently and is results orientated, with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Must operate within division policy guidelines using independent judgment in achieving assigned objectives
- Must be able to communicate in English Language (speak, hear and write) effectively to various intellectual levels.
- Excellent time management skills, public speaking skills, problem-solving skills and both verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organization skills, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Willing to travel to different cities and towns across Nigeria to perform duties as assigned
- The ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Thorough attention to detail
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a diploma in a related/relevant discipline
- Must be computer literate
- Experience in a similar role is an advantage
31` January, 2023
CLICK HERE TO APPLY (Google account required)
Solar Queen Technical Training Scholarship for Women
Building women technical capacities in the renewable energy industry
Significant gaps exist in the participation of women and men in the renewable energy industry and in the access of women and men to technological knowledge base. There is a general and societal belief about girls/women not being technically inclined thereby narrowing female careers to specific job roles which results to lower income, low self esteem, depression, stress, lack of economic growth and much more.
The overall objectives of the solar queen technical training scholarship is to provide opportunities for women to develop skills and capacities that will allow tham reach their maximum potentials in the renewable energy industry. Specific objectives are;
- Prepare women for technical roles in the renewable energy industry such as solar installers and field engineers.
- Bridge the gender gap in the renewable energy industry by building workforce of competent women..
- Mentor women to be employment ready and to drive solutions in the industry as solar installers or entrepreneurs.
- Enable companies and organizations to access pool of trained and certified women installers that they can utilize to balance their workforce gender divide.
|Eligibility Criteria |
Must be a woman
Have passion for renewable energy
Motivated to contribute to universal energy access
Able to finance the remaining 50% of the course fee (N25,000)
Be able to sponsor her living expense during the 5-day training duration
|This program is developed and sponsored by Ashdam Solar Co. Ltd. (www.ashdamsolar.com) in collaboration with Girls and Women Technological Empowerment Organisation – GWTEO (www.gwteo.org). The course is implemented using Ashdam Solar Academy Solar PV Design and Installation course curriculum.|
| As Covid-19 preventive measures,|
Use of face mask, social distancing, frequent washing of hands and use of sanitizers will be mandated during the training. Participants without face mask ON will not be admitted into the premises of the training facility.
|Application Deadline: 31st January, 2021||Application now open for the February – March 2021 Cohort|
8th to 26th February, 2021
1st to 5th March, 2021
· 50% Course fees are covered by the scholarship (25,000)
· Travel cost to training location and accommodation not included
· Average hotel accommodation cost is N6,000 per night. While preferences may reduce or increase the hotel cost.
|Physical Training venue|
Ashdam Solar Academy, S7/588, Behind Real Food and Wine, Lagos Road, Challenge, Ibadan, Oyo State
|Virtual Training |
Will be hosted via Ashdam Solar Academy, Google Classroom and Zoom
Few pictures from past events
ASHDAM SOLAR PAY SMALL SMALL SCHEME
The Ashdam Solar Pay Small Small Scheme is an installment payment plan designed by Ashdam Solar Company Limited in partnership with financial institutions to support Nigerians to get over the frustrations of little or non-availability of electricity supply by switching to Sustainable self-generation of Electricity and to ease the acquisition of solar, inverter or renewable energy solutions by PAYing SMALL – SMALL . The Ashdam Solar Pay Small Small Scheme removes the barrier of non-affordable Solar and Inverter Systems for qualified individuals and/or businesses through the introduction of up to 2 years payment plan for Solar and Inverter solutions designed to create easier and effective access to clean and reliable energy with quality products/services.
Who can participate?
The Ashdam Solar Pay Small Small Scheme is for all Nigerians, employed and self-employed who own homes or live in a rented apartment, for big and small offices, schools, cooperatives, churches, mosques, banks, military and para-military institutions. All who wish to participate in the program need to produce valid identification, evidence of gainful or self-employment, evidence of responsible citizenship like utility bills, and bank statements. With an initial payment include 20% of component cost plus installation cost and premium insurance cost for fire and burglary. The balance payment is spreads on tenor up to 2 years with 2% monthly interest on the financed sum, the Solar or Inverter system is installed. All products in the bundle enjoy manufacturers’ warranty of between 1 – 25 years.
To apply for the Ashdam Solar Pay Small – Small Scheme, CLICK HERE
VIEW ASHDAM SOLAR PRODUCTS AND BUNDLES HERE
The benefits include:
- Access to constant Electricity
- No recurrent operational cost as there is no need to buy fuel
- A substantial reduction on electric bills even if they are estimated
- Increased Productivity and 24/7 entertainment
- Advanced quality of life
- Improved security
Application Checklist (for processing)
1) Completed application form
2) Utility bill for your place of residence
3) Valid Means of identification (International passport/Drivers license)
4) Copy of bank statement( Six(6) months)
5) Proof of employment/self employment