Building women technical capacities in the renewable energy industry
Significant gaps exist in the participation of women and men in the renewable energy industry and in the access of women and men to technological knowledge base. There is a general and societal belief about girls/women not being technically inclined thereby narrowing female careers to specific job roles which results to lower income, low self esteem, depression, stress, lack of economic growth and much more.
The overall objectives of the solar queen technical training scholarship is to provide opportunities for women to develop skills and capacities that will allow tham reach their maximum potentials in the renewable energy industry. Specific objectives are;
- Prepare women for technical roles in the renewable energy industry such as solar installers and field engineers.
- Bridge the gender gap in the renewable energy industry by building workforce of competent women..
- Mentor women to be employment ready and to drive solutions in the industry as solar installers or entrepreneurs.
- Enable companies and organizations to access pool of trained and certified women installers that they can utilize to balance their workforce gender divide.
|Eligibility Criteria |
Must be between 18 to 45 years of age
Must be a woman
Have passion for renewable energy
Motivated to contribute to universal energy access
Able to finance the remaining 50% of the course fee (N25,000)
Be able to sponsor her living expense during the 5-day training duration
|This program is developed and sponsored by Ashdam Solar Co. Ltd. (www.ashdamsolar.com) in collaboration with Girls and Women Technological Empowerment Organisation – GWTEO (www.gwteo.org). The course is implemented using Ashdam Solar Academy Solar PV Design and Installation course curriculum.|
| As Covid-19 preventive measures,|
Use of face mask, social distancing, frequent washing of hands and use of sanitizers will be mandated during the training. Participants without face mask ON will not be admitted into the premises of the training facility.
5-day in person
10am to 4pm daily
|Application now closed for the August 2020 Cohort|
Selected candidates will be contacted on or before 8th August, 2020
| Training Date|
17 – 21 August, 2020
|For details on training content please consult the programme brochure for comprehensive course overview.|
Ashdam Solar Academy, S7/588, Behind Real Food and Wine, Lagos Road, Challenge, Ibadan, Oyo State
· 50% Course fees are covered by the scholarship (25,000)
· Travel cost to training location and accommodation not included
· Average hotel accommodation cost is N5,000 per night. While preferences may reduce or increase the hotel cost.
Few pictures from past events