LOCATION: IBADAN, OYO STATE, NIGERIA
Ashdam Solar Co. Ltd is a dynamic renewable energy company in Nigeria, providing clean, affordable and uninterrupted smart energy solutions. Our team spirit has a bright future; it is for us a life – long commitment in the greener world.
We are looking for passionate, dynamic and dedicated individuals to join our team for the following posts (click on individual vacant position to view job descriptions and apply) applying for more than one position is allowed;
- Solar Technician | CLICK HERE TO APPLY
- Sales Representative/Business Development Officer | CLICK HERE TO APPLY
- Front Desk Officer | CLICK HERE TO APPLY
- Human Resource and Communication Officer | CLICK HERE TO APPLY
23 December, 2023
Building women technical capacities in the renewable energy industry
Significant gaps exist in the participation of women and men in the renewable energy industry and in the access of women and men to technological knowledge base. There is a general and societal belief about girls/women not being technically inclined thereby narrowing female careers to specific job roles which results to lower income, low self esteem, depression, stress, lack of economic growth and much more.
The overall objectives of the solar queen technical training scholarship is to provide opportunities for women to develop skills and capacities that will allow tham reach their maximum potentials in the renewable energy industry. Specific objectives are;
- Prepare women for technical roles in the renewable energy industry such as solar installers and field engineers.
- Bridge the gender gap in the renewable energy industry by building workforce of competent women..
- Mentor women to be employment ready and to drive solutions in the industry as solar installers or entrepreneurs.
- Enable companies and organizations to access pool of trained and certified women installers that they can utilize to balance their workforce gender divide.
Must be a woman
Have passion for renewable energy
Motivated to contribute to universal energy access
Able to finance the remaining 50% of the course fee (N25,000)
Be able to sponsor her living expense during the 5-day training duration
|This program is developed and sponsored by Ashdam Solar Co. Ltd. (www.ashdamsolar.com) in collaboration with Girls and Women Technological Empowerment Organisation – GWTEO (www.gwteo.org). The course is implemented using Ashdam Solar Academy Solar PV Design and Installation course curriculum.
| As Covid-19 preventive measures,
Use of face mask, social distancing, frequent washing of hands and use of sanitizers will be mandated during the training. Participants without face mask ON will not be admitted into the premises of the training facility.
|Application Deadline: 31st January, 2021
|Application now open for the February – March 2021 Cohort
8th to 26th February, 2021
1st to 5th March, 2021
· 50% Course fees are covered by the scholarship (25,000)
· Travel cost to training location and accommodation not included
· Average hotel accommodation cost is N6,000 per night. While preferences may reduce or increase the hotel cost.
|Physical Training venue
Ashdam Solar Academy, S7/588, Behind Real Food and Wine, Lagos Road, Challenge, Ibadan, Oyo State
Will be hosted via Ashdam Solar Academy, Google Classroom and Zoom
Few pictures from past events
The Ashdam Solar Pay Small Small Scheme is an installment payment plan designed by Ashdam Solar Company Limited in partnership with financial institutions to support Nigerians to get over the frustrations of little or non-availability of electricity supply by switching to Sustainable self-generation of Electricity and to ease the acquisition of solar, inverter or renewable energy solutions by PAYing SMALL – SMALL . The Ashdam Solar Pay Small Small Scheme removes the barrier of non-affordable Solar and Inverter Systems for qualified individuals and/or businesses through the introduction of up to 1 year payment plan for Solar and Inverter solutions designed to create easier and effective access to clean and reliable energy with quality products/services.
Who can participate?
The Ashdam Solar Pay Small Small Scheme is for all Nigerians, employed and self-employed who own homes or live in a rented apartment, for big and small offices, schools, cooperatives, churches, mosques, banks, military and para-military institutions. All who wish to participate in the program need to produce valid identification, evidence of gainful or self-employment, evidence of responsible citizenship like utility bills, and bank statements. With a minimum down payment of 30% of the installation plan cost, the balance payment is spreads on tenor up to 1 year with monthly interest range of 1.6% to 2% on the financed sum, the Solar or Inverter system is installed. All products in the installed plan enjoy manufacturers’ warranty of between 1 – 25 years.
Repayment is done through recurring payment link or direct bank debit mandate
To apply for the Ashdam Solar Pay Small – Small Scheme, CLICK HERE
The benefits include:
- Access to constant Electricity
- No recurrent operational cost as there is no need to buy fuel
- A substantial reduction on electric bills even if they are estimated
- Increased Productivity and 24/7 entertainment
- Advanced quality of life
- Improved security
Application Checklist (for processing)
1) Completed application form
2) Utility bill for your place of residence
3) Valid Means of identification (International passport/Drivers license)
4) Copy of bank statement( Six(6) months)
5) Proof of employment/self employment