JOB TITLE: SALES REPRESENTATVIVE AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
LOCATION: IBADAN, OYO STATE, NIGERIA
Ashdam Solar Co. Ltd is a dynamic renewable energy company in Nigeria, providing clean, affordable and uninterrupted smart energy solutions. Our team spirit has a bright future; it is for us a life – long commitment in the greener world.
We are looking for passionate Sales Representative and Business Development Officer to join our team. As a Sales Representative and Business Development Officer, the candidate will be responsible for seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers.
- Generate new leads and driving sales.
- Identify, develop and articulate business opportunities
- Dealing with customers inquiries on telephone, social media platforms, in-office, etc.
- Devise marketing campaigns with the goal of increasing product awareness and increasing sales and profits.
- Plan, organize, and execute business development and sales programs.
- Gather and report customer and market intelligence to the management.
- Support all company initiatives, give actionable feedback, share best practices and serve as advocate and information source for company.
- Attend trade shows and events to market/sell products.
- Develop understanding of product line and value chain.
- Work with customers to find what they want, create solutions and ensure a smooth sales process.
- Developing and presenting sales proposals.
- Managing of e – sales platforms
- Managing of website sales backend
- Create clear and useful reports and recommendations for organizational use
- Assist in administrative work
- Support other team on process flow to ease the operations of the organization
- Ability to work with speed
- Must be a motivated team player
- Ability to build strong work relationships with clients and colleagues
- Ability to drive sales targets
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all department across the company and other internal and external contacts
- Willingness to learn new technologies and adapt to changing technical environment
- Professional appearance, interaction and personal credibility
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- A self-motivated individual who is able to work independently and is results orientated, with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in basic computer skills e.g PowerPoint, word processing, spreadsheets, etc.
- Ability to use technology tools such as Google workspace
- Ability to multitask.
Must be able to communicate in English Language (speak, hear and write) effectively to various intellectual
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a diploma in a related/relevant discipline
- Must be computer literate
- Experience in a similar role is an advantage
14 July, 2023
CLICK HERE TO APPLY (Google account required)
Building women technical capacities in the renewable energy industry
Significant gaps exist in the participation of women and men in the renewable energy industry and in the access of women and men to technological knowledge base. There is a general and societal belief about girls/women not being technically inclined thereby narrowing female careers to specific job roles which results to lower income, low self esteem, depression, stress, lack of economic growth and much more.
The overall objectives of the solar queen technical training scholarship is to provide opportunities for women to develop skills and capacities that will allow tham reach their maximum potentials in the renewable energy industry. Specific objectives are;
- Prepare women for technical roles in the renewable energy industry such as solar installers and field engineers.
- Bridge the gender gap in the renewable energy industry by building workforce of competent women..
- Mentor women to be employment ready and to drive solutions in the industry as solar installers or entrepreneurs.
- Enable companies and organizations to access pool of trained and certified women installers that they can utilize to balance their workforce gender divide.
|Eligibility Criteria |
Must be a woman
Have passion for renewable energy
Motivated to contribute to universal energy access
Able to finance the remaining 50% of the course fee (N25,000)
Be able to sponsor her living expense during the 5-day training duration
|This program is developed and sponsored by Ashdam Solar Co. Ltd. (www.ashdamsolar.com) in collaboration with Girls and Women Technological Empowerment Organisation – GWTEO (www.gwteo.org). The course is implemented using Ashdam Solar Academy Solar PV Design and Installation course curriculum.|
| As Covid-19 preventive measures,|
Use of face mask, social distancing, frequent washing of hands and use of sanitizers will be mandated during the training. Participants without face mask ON will not be admitted into the premises of the training facility.
|Application Deadline: 31st January, 2021||Application now open for the February – March 2021 Cohort|
8th to 26th February, 2021
1st to 5th March, 2021
· 50% Course fees are covered by the scholarship (25,000)
· Travel cost to training location and accommodation not included
· Average hotel accommodation cost is N6,000 per night. While preferences may reduce or increase the hotel cost.
|Physical Training venue|
Ashdam Solar Academy, S7/588, Behind Real Food and Wine, Lagos Road, Challenge, Ibadan, Oyo State
|Virtual Training |
Will be hosted via Ashdam Solar Academy, Google Classroom and Zoom
Few pictures from past events
Green Tech Girls is hosting a 5 – Day summer boot camp (5 – 9 August, 2019) for secondary school girls nominated from public schools in rural and peri – urban communities across Ibadan Oyo State, Nigeria.
The aim is to build 200 girls to be green energy advocates, climate ambassadors, bold and confident to be change makers in their communities and beyond. The summer camp is free for the participating girls.
Green Tech Girls is founded by Damilola Asaleye, a female renewable energy expert with over 12 years professional experience in the technical industry and co founder of Ashdam Solar. Green Tech Girls is an offspring of Ashdam Solar Initiative with a mission to bridge the gender knowledge and skills gap in the technology industry through providing the capacity building for girls/ women to excel in the technical industry especially in the area of green and renewable energy resources.
The 2019 Green Tech Girls summer bootcamp is focused on girls from low income families and rural communities, girls who do not have access or funds to build their capacities
Venue: St Anne’s Girls School, Molete Ibadan
Date: 5 – 9 August, 2019
To register: Contact 09065724265 or 08034284936
Green Tech Girls Summer bootcamp objectives
The objectives of the Green Tech Girls summer bootcamp are as follows:
- To sow the seed of technical career paths in young/teenage girls.
- To mentor the participating girls to see that girls and women can be
technically oriented and still be functional in the primary and nuclear
- To create the much needed agents that will close the gender gap in the next 5
– 10 years.
- To build bold and confident girls that will have the love of the environment
and be advocates of clean energy in their respective communities.
- To reduce energy poverty especially in rural communities.
- To create awareness on causes, impacts and mitigation of climate change.
- To instill entrepreneurial skills in young/teenage girls through the use of
available materials around them tagged or discarded as wastes.
- Introduction to Green Energy Sources
- Climate Change; its causes, impacts and solutions and advocacy
- Introduction to Basic Solar Electricity.
- Introduction to Energy Management and Energy Efficiency
- Introduction to clean cooking
- Installation Tools and Safety Basics
- Solar Photovoltaic System Components
- Evaluation and Assessment
- Team Building and Entrepreneurial Classes
- Girls Menstrual Health, Hygiene and Health Talks
- Assembling of solar panels
- Building of Solar Oven
- Creation of decorative antics with plastic wastes
- Impacts of plastic wastes
The green tech girls summer camp 2019 is going be day camp (girls will not be boarded).
Pictures from previous summer camp (named Ashdam solar 4 girls camps)
Solar Energy Training with international standards
This Intensive Solar Energy training will teach participants how solar photovoltaic systems and backup (inverter) systems work, how they are designed, and how systems are installed. The program will cover the fundamentals of PV, such as how voltage, current, power and energy interrelate. The program provide detailed knowledge about the components required for successful installations (inverter, solar panel, charge controllers, batteries, etc.) and how to appropriately calculate and customize the components. The program also covers energy audit and energy efficiency implementation techniques. The program covers installation safety practices, system maintenance, and solar entrepreneurship.
This course program is designed for those who intend to pursue a professional career in solar PV system design and installation such as solar installers, contractors, project managers, engineers, electricians, quality inspectors, technical support crew and customer service professionals in the solar energy industry.
The course is also ideal for everyone who as a result of already working in this field needs to deepen knowledge about the theory and practical aspects of PV system installations. It is also perfect for complete beginners with zero solar experience. The course therefore unites participants from a wide range of personal backgrounds, such as students, NYSC corp members, electricians, engineers, energy professionals, architects, contractors, project developers, salespeople and anyone who has interest in renewable energy and wants to have good understanding of solar photovoltaic systems and installation.
Participants of this solar energy training will be able to :
- Understand different types of renewable energy sources
- Properly design and size solar photovoltaic power systems.
- Demonstrate safe working practices
- Identify and describe basic functions of different components of PV systems
- Understand features of solar PV system configurations and applications: DC systems, stand-alone, Hybrid systems/grid connected
- Understand AC and DC electricity and explain their differences
- Explain the relationship between: power, voltage, current, electric charge and energy
- Perform professional energy audits
- Give energy efficiency and energy management advice to clients
- Describe the differences among various PV cell technologies
- Identify meters used with PV systems and key points of meter use and safety
- Use energy meters and clamp on meters
- Define and list characteristics of series and parallel circuits, and review the application of these connections to ensure system compatibility
- Define factors that impact the amount of peak sun hours reaching the array
- Identify tilt angle and orientation that provides maximum energy production
- Identify data required to size and design solar PV systems
- Identify common PV mounting options; list advantages and disadvantages of different mounting options
- Identify the different types of inverter technologies and list their advantages and disadvantages
- Describe some installation tips and techniques for the different types of solar PV systems
- Determine the correct wiring configuration of PV modules for a given application
- Identify terminology for the various circuits in PV systems
- Perform basic overcurrent device sizing for DC and AC PV system circuits
- Identify potential jobsite hazards and opportunities for additional safety training
- Determine proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for PV installation and commissioning tasks
- Install solar panels on rooftop using a roof model
- Perform solar inverter integration with existing house wiring using an electric circuit simulation board
- Identify important functions of solar charge controller
- Know different types of battery technology available in the market with their advantages and disadvantages
- Know how to read battery cycle life
- Understand how to choose the right battery type for specific site and customers
- Understand how to maintain battery banks for optimal life span
- Understand the steps required for solar system installation
- Identify tools required for solar system installation and their proper usage
- Interpret manufacturers data sheet for solar PV system components such as solar panels, inverters, charge controllers and batteries
1. To reduce unemployment in Nigeria by raising and grooming solar energy and energy efficiency professionals who will then be qualified for jobs in the sector.
2. Create competent solar installers across Nigeria with international standards
3. Provide manpower for small and large scale solar installations across Nigeria.
4. Build a strong network of solar installers and entrepreneurs
5. Ensure gender inclusion in the renewable energy industry
Course duration: 3 weeks virtual, 5 days physical
50% scholarship for female participants
The registration fee covers;
- Virtual Training: 8th to 26th February, 2021
- Physical Training: 1st to 5th March, 2021
- Practical / Hands-on engagement
- Certificate of Completion
- Tea break and lunch during the the physical training
- Training presentations (soft copies)
Participants join our Alumni group for on-going support after the training and access to industry progressive information.
Few pictures from past training events
Contact 09065724265 or 08034284936 for inquiries
Email us HERE
- Virtual Training: 8th to 26th February, 2021
- Physical Training: 1st to 5th March, 2021
Physical Training Venue: Ashdam Solar Academy, S7/588B, Behind Real Food and Wine, Lagos Road, Challenge, Ibadan , Oyo State
Payment can be made to – ASHDAM SOLAR CO. LTD.
Sterling Bank Account Number: 0073706835
Access Bank Account Number: 0796174776
Or paid securely online below
Acquire knowledge on solar electrification, backup systems, and inverters. From energy auditing to energy management/efficiency, system design, applications and implementations.
Practicals and Theoretical sessions all inclusive
Ashdam Solar Academy Training is very interactive. We use our 11 years of experience to guide you in the solar energy industry.
Our training curriculum focus on international design and installation standards in relation in excelling in Nigerian solar energy industry.
Course content is as follows;
• Introduction to renewable energy and solar energy technology
• Climate Change and its impacts
• Introduction to basic electricity and terminologies
• Introduction to Series and Parallel Connections
• Introduction to Energy Efficiency, Energy Management and Energy Auditing
• Installation tools and usage
• Safety Basics
• Types of Solar PV systems and applications
• Solar PV system components and identification
• Solar Panel sizing
• Inverter sizing
• Battery sizing
• Solar charge controller sizing
• Cable sizing
• Introduction to Solar system and backup installation
• Preparations required for site installation
• Inverter installation and electrical load isolation
• Customizing solar systems
• Solar installation and electrical safety and system protective measures
• Hands on roof installation
• Troubleshooting and maintenance of inverter and solar systems
• Mapping your future in renewable energy industry
• Entrepreneurship Training
• Customer relationship training
• Marketing strategy
• Practical sessions
Participants join our Facebook Alumni Closed Group for on going support after the training
The training fee covers the following;
-Training presentations and Solar Manual (soft copies)
-Certificate of participation
Contact 08034284936 for more details.
Training Date: 5 – 9 October, 2020
Time: 10am to 4pm Daily
Venue: Ashdam Solar Academy, S7/588B,Behind Real Food and Wine, Lagos Road, Challenge Ibadan, Oyo State
or make direct transfer or cash into one of the following account;
Account Name: ASHDAM SOLAR CO. LTD.
Sterling Bank Account Number: 0073706835
After payment text “Registered” to 08034284936
Training Fee : N50,000 (N40,000 for early bird registration)
For more details, call 08034284936 or 09065724265
Early bird registration ends on 18 September, 2020
With early bird registration you get N10,000 discount
Training fee must be paid in full before training commencement date
P.P.S. Very Limited Seats Available.
P.P.P.S. Reserve your Seat Now by Paying the registration fee
Pay into Ashdam Solar Sterling Bank Account Number: 0073706835
Send payment confirmation to email email@example.com or WhatsApp 08034284936 to secure your seat at the training
Limited space available!!
Please endeavor to register on time to confirm your seat at the training
Contact us now for more information 08034284936, 09065724265
Or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ashdam Solar Pay Small Small Scheme is an installment payment plan designed by Ashdam Solar Company Limited in partnership with financial institutions to support Nigerians to get over the frustrations of little or non-availability of electricity supply by switching to Sustainable self-generation of Electricity and to ease the acquisition of solar, inverter or renewable energy solutions by PAYing SMALL – SMALL . The Ashdam Solar Pay Small Small Scheme removes the barrier of non-affordable Solar and Inverter Systems for qualified individuals and/or businesses through the introduction of up to 1 year payment plan for Solar and Inverter solutions designed to create easier and effective access to clean and reliable energy with quality products/services.
Who can participate?
The Ashdam Solar Pay Small Small Scheme is for all Nigerians, employed and self-employed who own homes or live in a rented apartment, for big and small offices, schools, cooperatives, churches, mosques, banks, military and para-military institutions. All who wish to participate in the program need to produce valid identification, evidence of gainful or self-employment, evidence of responsible citizenship like utility bills, and bank statements. With a minimum down payment of 30% of the installation plan cost, the balance payment is spreads on tenor up to 1 year with monthly interest range of 1.6% to 2% on the financed sum, the Solar or Inverter system is installed. All products in the installed plan enjoy manufacturers’ warranty of between 1 – 25 years.
Repayment is done through recurring payment link or direct bank debit mandate
To apply for the Ashdam Solar Pay Small – Small Scheme, CLICK HERE
The benefits include:
- Access to constant Electricity
- No recurrent operational cost as there is no need to buy fuel
- A substantial reduction on electric bills even if they are estimated
- Increased Productivity and 24/7 entertainment
- Advanced quality of life
- Improved security
Application Checklist (for processing)
1) Completed application form
2) Utility bill for your place of residence
3) Valid Means of identification (International passport/Drivers license)
4) Copy of bank statement( Six(6) months)
5) Proof of employment/self employment
THE Ashdam Solar 10th anniversary tennis tournament kicked off on Tuesday 31st October, 2017 on the clay court of the Ibadan Tennis Club (ITC).
No fewer than 34 players registered for the intra-club tournament sponsored by a member of ITC, Mr Yemi Asaleye.
In one of the matches decided, Alhaji T. Busari defeated Mr A. Atoyebi in a pro-set singles 8-3.
Also taking part in the clay court tournament are messrs coach Yekini Kasali, Innocent Agwuncha, Matthew Okoye, A. Orebiyi, A. Olaniyan, J. Okoromadu, A. Olosun, M. Adedire, S. Oyewole, A. Baderin, S. Romiluyi, F. Oyewole, D. Gambo, L. Iranloye, F. Oyetoso, Y. Oshilaja, L. Hassan, S. Ogun, W. Owosho, P. Faboyinde and B. Adebiyi.
Others are S. Ijidale, I. Adumati, W. Jolaoso, W. Akinyooye, S. Ogunsola, MM Balogun, J. Taiwo, F. Ibe, S. Lawal, F. Ojurongbe and F Abiri.
According to Asaleye, the tournament is to further strengthen unity among members of the club and also create a healthy rivalry among members.
Caption: Busari (left) and his opponent, Atoyebi before their game.
Solar Girls participated in Breast cancer association of Nigeria (BRECAN) 20th anniversary held on 18 -21 October 2017 and helped in creating awareness on breast cancer
Early detection is the key. perform breast self examination regularly. Be breast aware